When you live in Western and Central New York, you never know what you’re going to get when it comes to the weather. A sudden thunderstorm, an early winter ice event, an overnight blizzard, downed power lines…in any of these cases, power outage is probable.
If you own a home or a small business, you may want to consider investing in a standby generator. The benefits go well beyond being able to see in the dark, and the return on investment is easy to calculate. Just think about the hundreds of dollars in food in your refrigerator and freezer. Or the cost of refinishing your newly remodeled basement when the sump pump fails. Bottom line, having a standby generator installed is a great option for anyone who wants peace of mind.
Generators by the numbers:
- $150 night in hotel
- $500 in spoiled food
- $1,900 basement cleaning
- $15,870 finished basement flooring
- $2,910 wall insulation, drywall or paneling
- $3,000 mold removal
- $250 repairs to furnace/AC
Source: Briggs & Stratton
Standby generators are a safe and easy alternative to using portable, manual-start, gasoline-powered unit.
The benefits of standby generator permanently installed outside your home include:
- Deliver safe, guaranteed, automatic power backup
- Keep your pipes from freezing
- Guard against dangerous power surges
- Protect the contents of your refrigerator and freezer
- Keep your sump pump running
- Protect your home when you’re away
- Maintain comfort in unpredictable conditions
Isaac features American-made Briggs & Stratton Home Standby Generators. New, high efficiency models feature a 10-year parts and labor warranty. Contact Isaac today to discuss the benefits of a standby generator and to request an estimate.