Did you know that winter air in the upstate New York region can go below the humidity level of a desert? While a desert is typically about 15 percent humidity, the ideal level for your home is 35 to 45 percent. When your home is not at the right level, it can be detrimental to your health. New units have auto-compensating sensors that detect the temperature outside and adjust your unit accordingly.
Isaac offers whole-home humidifiers that can be attached to your HVAC system or ducted for hot-water baseboard or boiler systems.
The top benefits for installing a humidifier include:
- Making your home feel cozier and warmer
- Reducing your heating bills – you can turn the thermostat down and stay comfortable
- Improving dry skin and hair
- Enhancing health, especially sinus-related issues
- Protecting household items such as furniture, woodwork, and musical instruments
- Preventing static electricity on carpets
The typical lifespan of a humidifier is 15 to 18 years.