Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a New York leader in providing HVAC services.
As a BBB International Torch Award winner and a NYS Best Company to Work For, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and employees first.
Our employees have fun in a culture that rewards them with opportunity for leadership and growth.
We’ll give you the tools, support, and opportunity to lead, innovate, and grow. The company has recently taken on an investing partner and is looking to expand operations across the eastern seaboard through acquisitions, with the goal of tripling revenue and EBITDA in the next 3-5 years. What does this mean for you? Opportunity!
Principal Purpose of Job
The Staff Accountant will have a broad set of responsibilities, encompassing comprehensive elements of the role: accounting, transaction processing, account reconciliation, and financial analysis. Staff Accountant should conduct their work with an outstanding attention to detail and high level of accuracy and be comfortable working to established deadlines during the financial period. This individual should work well within a team-like atmosphere and be able to interact daily with company personnel, managers, vendors and external auditors.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and other necessary financial information in a timely manner
- Perform account reconciliations and investigate identified discrepancies
- Complete month-end closing tasks
- Fixed asset maintenance in sub-ledger and general ledger
- Assist with the annual audit including preparation of audit work papers
- Serve as backup to other Accounting Department team members
- Support other special projects and accounting related tasks such as POC, weekly consumables, new controls we implement, etc.