Full Time - Rochester, NY
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning, a private equity backed and highly acquisitive platform company, is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a New York leader in providing HVAC services. If you are a highly motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining the highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today!
As a BBB International Torch Award winner and a NYS Best Company to Work For, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and employees first.
Our employees have fun in a culture that rewards them with opportunity for leadership and growth.
Principal Purpose of Job
The Staff Accountant will have a broad set of responsibilities, encompassing comprehensive elements of the role: accounting, transaction processing, account reconciliation, financial analysis, and financial reporting consolidation of our many brands across the United States.
- Financial analysis of potential acquisition targets
- Creation of financial projections and models for targets
- Monthly financial consolidation of all brands for reporting to executive leadership, board of directors, and lenders
- Assisting with working capital analyses for targets pre and post close
- Assist in performing light touch quality of earnings on potential targets
- Assist in valuation and purchase accounting post close on new businesses
- Perform month-end close processes
- Assistance in fiscal year audit reporting
- Posting accounting entries, and maintain general ledger and accounting records
- Various additional accounting and financial reporting tasks
- Serve as backup to other Accounting Department team members
- Special projects as assigned
- Ideal candidate has experience at 1) audit firm, 2) private equity, and/or 3) business valuation
- Degree in Accounting and 5+ years prior accounting experience, preferably in a large CPA firm
- Experience in valuation/purchase accounting
- Experience with consolidation of multiple companies’ financials into one reporting package
- GAAP financial statement prep/review experience as it relates to both month-end reporting and year-end client audits
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office suite of products. Prior experience working with business software programs a plus.
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Aptitude for detailed work, data analysis, problem solving and follow-up
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Sitting (frequently/constant). For sustained periods of time with the ability to get up and move around occasionally.
- Walking (occasionally). Moving on or about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Typing (constant). Using a computer keyboard, mouse, and phone keypad.
- Talking (constant). Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing (constant). Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and document accurately what was heard in the client profile.
- Seeing (constant). Ability to see in the following manner with or without corrective lenses: ability to read/see near or far, judge distances, and identify colors.
- Attendance and punctuality (regular/predictable). Regular/predictable attendance and punctuality for this position is required, compliance required at every level.
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary