Residential HVAC Service Technician
EPA Certification | Driver's License | OSHA10
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a Western NY leader in providing HVAC services. If you are a highly-motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today! As a Rochester Top 100 company with six branches, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and people first.
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for exceptional Residential HVAC Service Technicians to join our growing team. Our Technicians are dedicated to making our customers’ homes safe, energy efficient, and comfortable. If you are a highly-motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today.
The purpose of this position is to continue to learn, develop, and understand the skills required to be an efficient and effective residential service technician. The individual will be able to proficiently perform the basic level of service to the client.
- Entry level to two year plus years of experience in the HVAC field; Service or Install HVAC.
- Experience servicing heating and cooling equipment
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment Hair Follicle Drug Screen and Background check (after offer of employment has been made)
- Perform routine maintenance proficiently on residential HVAC equipment. This includes but is not limited to: heating and air conditioning; water heaters; humidifiers; dehumidifiers; and boilers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair accessory equipment as needed.
- Achieve proficiency in all Level 1 abilities according to the capabilities chart.
- Interact with the homeowner to understand HVAC concerns, provide feedback and verify that HVAC malfunctions/concerns have been resolved.
- Educate the homeowner on other products and services the Company offers.
- Ensure the HVAC equipment that was worked on is clean and safe upon departure.
- Perform all activities associated with the business transaction with the homeowner: understand the service order; utilize the Company computer system to provide updates electronically to the customer’s order; add and complete all transactions; and collect monies owed for the services.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to interact with the homeowner to assure work performed will meet their expectations.
- Ability to use handheld electronic devices to process customer orders.
- Ability to use all tools required for the position.
- Ability to safely drive a company van.
- Ability to problem solve, and perform mathematical equations related to the industry.
- Ability to work alone in a self-directed environment.
- Adapting to temperature (frequent). Ability to work in hot or cold environments either inside or outside of the home.
- Climbing (frequent). Ascending or descending stairs while transporting tools and equipment.
- Kneeling/squatting (frequent). Bending legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Standing (constant). For sustained periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Walking (constant). Moving on our about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing/pulling/reaching/grasping (frequent). Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion. Ability to type is also required.
- Lifting (frequent). Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position up to 50 lbs. Requires use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Talking (frequent). Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing (constant). Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound in order to successfully troubleshoot equipment.
- Seeing (constant). Ability to see in the following manner with or without corrective lenses: ability to read/see near or far, judge distances, and identify colors.
- Attendance and punctuality (regular/predictable). Regular/predictable attendance and punctuality for this position is required.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Coursework related to mechanical/electrical troubleshooting and diagnostics is preferred
- Associates or Bachelor degree in HVAC is preferred
- BOCES Diploma/Certification of completion in HVAC or related field is preferred
- EPA – Universal is required
- OSHA 10-hour Construction Course is required
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
- In-house NATE training and certification
- Steady work 12 months a year
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary