Full Time - Rochester, NY
This is an experienced, skilled position. The purpose of this position is to continue to develop and understand the skills required to be an efficient and effective commercial installation mechanic. The individual will be able to proficiently perform installation of all commercial plumbing equipment and piping. It is expected that this mechanic will be a leader of the department and will share their knowledge with other mechanics as needed.
Core Competencies | Level 3
- Perform all essential functions of a Field Mechanic.
- Independently perform installation of commercial plumbing equipment and piping in accordance with company requirements, manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of commercial plumbing equipment and piping.
- Layout and properly install underground plumbing systems.
- Provide accurate as-built drawings to Project Managers.
- Provide daily onsite management and guidance of Field Mechanics to uphold quality of work and provide coaching as needed.
- Perform and participate in onsite equipment start-ups.
- Maintain accountability for condition of company tools onsite.
- Maintain a company vehicle in clean and orderly condition to ensure safety while transporting tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Maintain constant communication with Project Managers and Field Supervisors to ensure project schedule and client needs are being met.
- Attend job site meetings with Project Managers and Field Supervisors as required.
- Assist in the training and development of Junior Field Mechanics and Field Mechanics.
- Adhere to all company safety procedures and policies.
- Perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Core Competencies | Level 4
- Directing & Controlling: creates a motivating climate to achieve teamwork, train and develop, measure work progress and take corrective action.
- Planning & Organizing: displays ability to effectively plan, organize and implement applicable tasks or projects in relation to established goals and objectives.
- Customer Service: works well with clients and other trades, promotes a positive image of the company.
- Technical Skills: maintains understanding of technical processes and equipment.
- Professionalism: the ability to conduct oneself with responsibility, integrity, accountability and excellence.
- Leadership: sets a good example, motivates and encourages.
- Employee Development: offers feedback, coaches employees appropriately, rewards wisely, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees.
- Project Management: monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Product Expertise: knows product features, understands marketplace and shares experience with others.
- Adapting to temperature (frequent). Ability to work in hot or cold environments either inside or outside of the business.
- Climbing (frequent). Ascending or descending ladders while transporting tools and equipment (including not having a fear of heights).
- Kneeling/squatting (frequent). Bending legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Standing (constant). For sustained periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Walking (constant). Moving on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing/pulling/reaching/grasping (frequent). Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting (frequent). Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position up to 100+ lbs. Requires use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Talking (frequent). Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing (constant). Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound in order to successfully troubleshoot equipment.
- Seeing (constant). Ability to see in the following manner with or without corrective lenses: ability to read/see near or far, judge distances, and identify colors.
- Attendance and punctuality (regular/predictable). Regular/predictable attendance and punctuality for this position is required.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 5+ years of Commercial plumbing installation experience
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- OSHA 30-hour Certificate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical coursework or aptitude preferred
- Associates or Bachelors degree in plumbing is preferred
- BOCES Diploma/Certification of completion in plumbing or related field is preferred
The Benefits of Being a Part of the Isaac Family:
- Competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, and Supplemental Insurance Options; 401k with Company contribution; and Personal Time Off
- Company vehicle, uniforms, and a tool reimbursement program
- Classroom and hands-on training in the accredited Isaac University available to both new and experienced technicians
- Steady work 12 months a year
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer