Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning, founded in 1945, is consistently named a Rochester Top 100 company and is also one of the top-rated HVAC companies in the country. Those who have experienced it, cite Isaac as one of the best places to work with a top-notch workplace culture. With six branches in Western NY, Isaac is growing and looking to expand the team in many areas of the business.
This is a senior-level position. The purpose of this position is to use skills and experience to estimate and bid commercial plumbing and HVAC construction projects at an advanced level. This individual will operate as part of a team to oversee multiple projects and ensure proper communication and coordination with estimating staff and clients.
- Independently estimate complex plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of HVAC controls, commercial plumbing, commercial and mechanical piping and ductwork.
- Proficiently use all estimating tools to accurately bid and estimate new construction, renovation and retrofit projects.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and project specifications.
- Update and maintain project bid list.
- Organize project bid info including drawings, vendor quotes, etc. in accordance with established department structure and standards.
- Perform equipment and material take offs and assign material and labor factors to estimate projects.
- Write scope of work and project proposals.
- Attending pre-bid walk throughs of bid projects.
- Schedule and coordinate project hand off meetings.
- Training and direction of Junior Estimators and Estimators.
- Lead a team of Estimators to complete multiple bids/estimates accurately and on time.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Core Competencies | Level 3
- Results Orientation: ability to understand objectives to be accomplished, develop a plan to achieve them and deliver timely results.
- Teamwork: accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, appreciates view of team members, respectful.
- Interpersonal Relations: establishes and maintains effective working relations with employees and others within and outside the organization.
- Quality: strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve products/services.
Core Competencies | Level 4
- Self-Development: looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, works to increase responsibility, strives to achieve personal goals.
- Directing & Controlling: ability to create a motivating climate, achieve teamwork, train and develop, measure work in progress, take corrective action.
- Quality Management: oversee activities and tasks to ensure product quality is maintained with minimal errors.
- 5+ year of estimating experience
- Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
- OSHA 10-hour Certificate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Coursework or experience related to HVAC, plumbing, construction management, mechanical engineering or estimating is preferred
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in HVAC, plumbing, construction management, mechanical engineering or estimating is preferred